If you are looking for a truly complete forced induction solution for your FRS/BRZ/86 then you have come to then right place! Welcome to the newly revised JDL Auto Design V2 Turbo system. Its compact and simple to install design makes it easy for the DIY individual with basic hand tools to participate in the gratification one gets from modifying their vehicle. The JDL Auto Design Turbo system is the answer everyone expresses about the twin platforms OEM power levels. Simply push the GO GO pedal and effortlessly the nimble chassis accelerates with ample eagerness. Nothing says you mean business more than the sight of that pronounced intercooler sitting behind the grill like a caged animal ready to attack. Just add a tune to any of our many variations and your car will take on a whole new attitude! If you do not already have a tuning solution we have you covered there too. Just let us know what we can do to assist you in reaching your performance goals by giving us a call. No matter the power goals we have you covered!
Here are some highlights to what our systems consist of:
- JDL 304 U.S. Stainless Steel Tubular Runners that are Mandrel Bent with an Investment Cast Merge Collector in an Unequal Length Configuration. Each runners wall thickness is 0.0140" for unsurpassed strength and no need for turbo support brackets that are indicative of weak manifold materials
- 39mm PTE wastegate flange
- JDL 3" Stainless Steel Downpipe
- JDL 39mm PTE Stainless Steel Dump Tube VTA (Optional upgrade Available to a Re-circulated System for an Incognito Sound Level)
- JDL Aluminum Intake powder coated chrome as standard for a clean look and easy to clean
- Base turbo is a Precision 48mm Billet Wheel Turbo and upgrades available for Garrett GT as well as Garrett GTX turbochargers (Garrett GTX30 series available although not listed in the drop down menus as prices vary within this series, please call for this upgrade)
- Precision Turbo 39mm Wastegate (Pre-set to 6 PSI but comes with a spring set to increase boost PSI as your build demands grow)
- Turbosmart 38mm Vee Port PRO BOV (Black)
- JDL Short Path Aluminum Intercooler piping (powder coated Chrome) with all couplers and T-bolt Clamps
- JDL Compact Intercooler in base system (Long Route Intercooler upgrade option available for those seeking a "no-cut" OEM crash beam solution) Standard intercooler color is raw aluminum with a black JDL logo, Black heat dissipating coating is available as an upgrade with silver JDL logo (Please call for this upgrade)
- Stainless Steel Turbo Feed Oil Lines and weld-in oil pan fitting for oil drainback (Pre-welded OEM oil pans available as an upgrade for a Plug-and-Play solution and further ease of installation)
- Optional thermal ceramic coating in Titanium, Black, Silver (2000F continuous for Silver, 1800F Continuous for Bronze and Titanium, 2300F Continuous for Black)
- All hardware, hoses, gaskets, included in all variations so there is no need to source more parts after you purchase a system
- Omni 3 Bar Map Sensor
This kit comes standard with an open waste gate. If you are not a fan of a open waste gate there is a recirculated option available.
With a recirculated waste gate you will notice slightly slower spool up times compared to open waste gate.
*If you need a 3in downpipe to overpipe contact us.
** There are multiple color options for thermal coating. If you have a special request contact us.
What do I need in order to run this kit?
- If you are running 91 fuel you will not need to upgrade anything other then a 3-4 Bar MAP bar sensor. You can use your stock injectors and stock fuel pump.
What if I am running E85?
- If you are running E85 you will need to upgrade your fuel injectors + Fuel pump.
What else do I need to purchase with this kit?
- This kit is pretty complete other then a 3 or 4 bar MAP sensor. Since the intercooler does run through the front you will need to either:
A. Trim your front crash bar.
B. Purchase a drift style crash bar.